Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Weddings oh weddings.





Yes, April had been a busy month with cousin's wedding invitations from both Mak and Abah's sides.  


And the various versions of question 'Awak bila lagi?' have been asked either; directly asked me in front of Abah, whispered in my ear loudly (yes!), or shouted on my face in front of other cousins, while some came up with simply rude version, 'Lama lagi ke?' which left me with.. whattt? expression *yea, with that Jackie Chan's meme on 9gag.

Am I the only one who thinks that 'Lama lagi ke?' sounds more rude than 'Awak bila lagi?'?

Ouchh.

Since the questions mostly came from my Aunties and Uncles, I jokingly pretended I couldn't hear the question like.. 'Hahh? Ape? Ape?' But the more I pretended to not hear the question, the louder they asked! Hahaaha. Ok fine. So I simply answered 'InsyaAllah', 'Coming soon' and at one point 'Whatever' because the question of 'Lama lagi ke?' really pissed me off. 


I mean, come on people. We are living in the 21st century, which I think that kind of questions are not relevant to be asked anymore. I will get married when the time is right, so don't worry. And don't bother.


Believe me, happiness in life is not necessarily determined by marriage.


P.s. At some points, I want to go somewhere far away to avoid these questions. PhD is one of valid reasons to stay away from these.

P.s.p.s But at the end of the day, people will never get tired to ask 'bila lagi nak dapat anak?', 'bila lagi nak tambah anak lagi satu?'. How about 'bila lagi nak mati?' ohh if only they could ask that.







love,

No comments: