Tuesday, 3 February 2015

In Chiang Mai.

Chiang Mai, Thailand,
31 January - 2 February 2015.


It was a veeeeery last minute decision, when my brother offered me to come with him and SIL to Chiang Mai. Checked the schedule for flight in the morning, unfortunately direct flight to Chiang Mai was no longer avail. The only available flight was Thai Airways, KL-Bangkok-Chiang Mai. After 30 minutes, my flight tickets were booked and paid. 

Well, well, well. My very first time in Thailand!

Day one.

I, alone, arrived at Chiang Mai Airport around 2 p.m. and directly to Le Meridien hotel as my SIL was waiting for me while my brother had meeting. In the evening, my SIL and I walked to Art in Paradise Museum with interesting 3D paints were exhibited here (like what we have at I-City Shah Alam). 

Chiang Mai from the hotel.
I was in Venice. Nahh
I 'LOVE' you. You know who you are hehee :D

Day two.

On the next day we walked through Night Bazaar at night since not many shops were operated before 6 p.m. Sigh.

But we managed to buy a lot of Thai scarves, since I've been complaining have no suitable scarf to wear for hot climate hahaa. No I'm serious.


Day three.


On our last day in Chiang Mai, we followed the trip arranged for my brother and his colleagues to Bhubing Palace and Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep, one of among the important temples here. Yes, my #misimencariistana!

The royal winter residence is located about one hour from the hotel, with temperature 17C that day. The palace was built in 1961 to accommodate the royal family during state visits to the north of the country.


Garden of Roses as big as human face.
Ruen Peek Mai (Log cabin), seasonal residence of Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn and also the royal guesthouse.
Ruen Rab Rong, a royal guesthouse.
The Bhubing Palace. Unfortunately the palace was under renovation during my visit! Credit photo: wikipedia
Water Reservoir with musical fountain called 'The Fountain of Celestial Water of People'.

A must see, on any visit to Chiang Mai, is the wondrous and holy temple of Wat Phra That which is located near the top of Doi Suthep (Mount Suthep).


After the visit, we went to eat the famous Mango Sticky Rice before check out the hotel.


P.s. A huge thanks to my brother for sponsoring this trip. Next time jangan lupe ajak lagi ehh hehehee



with love,

No comments: