Sunday, 10 August 2014

In Berlin part two.


Berlin, Germany,
20 - 22 June, 2014.


Day seven.

Since we missed Reichstag the day before, as planned, we arrived at Reichstag's counter at 8 a.m., queued up for 2 hours just to make an appointment for the next day *pfft*. Later we had our breakfast and ready for shopping! 


This kind of cute S-bahn is only available in Berlin.

From Reichstag, we went to Kaiser Wilhelm Kirsche which is located at the main city by taking S-bahn. The ruins of the tower of the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtniskirche (Emperor Wilhelm commemoration church) was inaugurated in 1895 and destroyed during World War II. Only the ruins of the tower remained. 
The Gedächtniskirche or Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church is the symbolic centre of West Berlin, an anti-war memorial to peace and reconciliation.

Coincidentally, there was LGBTI parade at the same time we were there. We took some time to watch it before proceed to Hard Rock Cafe, and to the so called largest shopping mall in Europe, KaDeWe. Oh and we stopped by at Adidas to grab Deutschland football team jersey! Orang belanja yeaayy!



We went back to the hotel pretty early to catch up football match Deutschland vs Ghana that day while wearing the new jerseys my brother and I bought. Pakai siap tak remove price tag lagi heehe.



Day eight.

The next day, and yes, finally we went into the top roof terrace and dome of Reichstag to see the spectecular view of Berlin's parliamentary and government quarter. 




And later as planned, we went to Museumsinsel or Museum Island, was established around 1870s, consisted of the Alte Museum, the Alte Nationalgalerie, the Bode-Museum, the Pergamonmuseum and the Neue Museum, showcasing its permanent exhibition on the art and culture of the Greeks, Etruscans, and Romans, collection of Egyptian art, art from the Romanticism and Neo-classicism of the ‘Age of Goethe’ up to French and German Realist painting, magnificent archaeological reconstructions and its array of ancient Greek and Roman sculptures (my favourite!), collection of Ancient Near East and Islamic art and etc. Everything was splendid and sooo magnificent! 


Muka penat, lapar, lepas pusing 3 out of 5 museums. Or 4?


So yea, that was how we ended our trip in Berlin. As I took a lot of photos at the museums, I intended to put many of it, tapi tak mampu dah nak pilih gambar. Banyak lagi entry tertangguh niiii. So make it as personal collection and lesson je laa. The next day we stopped by at Wertheim Village shopping outlet before heading to Stuttgart!


In Stuttgart, we stayed in Tübingen, about 1 hour from uni. And guess what, the house was sooooooooooo lovely! I'm so in love with this house. Nak rumah ni pleaseee



Since it is MY Stuttgart hehee, I don't think I need another entry of it since basically we went to the places I've visited before; to Mercedes Benz Museum, and the only different was, my brother had a formal guided tour and a meeting with them later, dengan muka tak malu we joined the tour and he explained everything about the brand! hahaa. We went to Porsche Museum later, which I ended up lepak dekat cafe sambil tunggu diorang habis tour, because I've covered the place in only 15 minutes. 

The next day we went to Metzingen shopping outlet and later I'd to catch up my German language class at the evening. After class we went back to Tübingen and the next day, only I've been sent back to my place and they headed to Frankfurt Airport to fly back to Malaysia.

That was the end of my Germany trips! Tamatlah sudahhhhh.

To sum up,

four cities,
eleven museums,
five castles,
and countless tourist attractions we've visited!


P.s. and I realized that was also the end of my trip here. Poket kering, kerja berlambak tertangguh. sobs. 
P.s.s. Collage of various bears we've found in Berlin!





with love,

2 comments:

Puteri said...

TQ for sharing, puasnya tengok gambar2! Germany totally is in my bucket list :)

Feel free to visit my blog. I write mostly about my 2 growing kids and my home business

nayzaharyfaz said...

Hi Puteri,

thanks for visiting. Datang Germany wajib jalan2 tengok castles dia lawa2! :)