Thursday, 16 August 2012

A dream comes true.


Alhamdulillah. There is no better word to describe how thankful I am.


If you follow my posts from the past, you may know how bad I want to further my studies overseas. Ever since I've finished my diploma, I received offers from universities in the UK to further my degree studies, yet I couldn't secure financial backups and ended up continued my degree studies at UiTM.

During my final semester degree at UiTM, the dean called out few names as candidates of TPM Ivy League to pursue Master studies at the selected top universities in the UK and US, and I was one of them. But this time, I couldn't manage to secure a place when I have scholarship offered to me!

After graduated, some friends started to work, some furthered their studies at local universities, and that was the moment when I left alone, helplessly. I gave up all my dreams, and started to find a job. Because I was trying to get a place overseas, I wasted 8 months of my life, and I got nothing in return.

July 1st, 2011, that was the moment when my life slowly changed. I've started my career as an engineer, and tried to forget all the things that happened during 8 months period. I was tired and helpless.

And after a year at consultation engineering company, thought I should try again and give myself another chance and this time, locally. I've once again applied UiTM, intentionally to do part-time studies while working at my current company.

Last week, unexpectedly I've been called for TPM scholarship interview and without any clues, I went for the interview and only realized that they were interviewing to send 5 selected students to pursue 2-year Double Master Degree Programme at UiTM and Stuttgart University, Germany. And out of thousands applicants, 5 candidates have been selected, and I am one of them. Again, Alhamdulillah.


"God has perfect timing; never early, never late. It takes a little patience and faith but it's worth the wait". 


A friend of mine quoted this to me. And indeed, its true. If I was fated to further master studies right after I finished my degree level, I will never have a chance to experience life as an engineer.

I have tasted the life of an engineer, and I don't hate it. In fact, I enjoy it so much and I feel regret that I have to leave it soon, forever.

I've come to realize why all of these happened. I mean ALL. He has better plans for me and it's written. But after waiting for years, the opportunity is finally here. Thank you Allah s.w.t for listening to my prayers and Dua'as.

And I think the happiest person to hear the news is.. my mom. The biggest supporter morally, financially ever since back then. Thank you, Mak! You're the coolest mother on Earth! And of course, my family. Germany is added in their agenda as another travel destination in next 2 years! tehee


So, I've tender my letter of resignation to the company. 

And when I've decided to do that to accept TPM scholarship, here comes another one, an interview for YDP Agong scholarship. To give it a try or not, I can't decide yet. I have so many things in my mind right now, I can't think. Should I or should I not?


With love,

No comments: