Wednesday, 2 May 2012

In Surabaya part 1.

Day 1

 So I took a few days off included May 1, and here I was heading to.. Surabaya, Indonesia for 4 days!
 'Kencangkan sabuk pengaman selama anda duduk' I wouldn't know what's the meaning of it without English translation hahaa.

Anyway, I decided to divide the entry into 2 parts since I've got so many photos to upload.. Please don't hate me! hee

We arrived at the Juanda International Airport, Surabaya around 6 p.m. which is an hour behind Malaysia time zone, took 2 Blue Bird taxis to bring all 9 of us straight to the hotel booked.
 Somerset Hotel & Serviced Residence where we were staying at is about 5 kilometres from the town.

Thanks to Wikipedia, I read that Surabaya is the second biggest town in Indonesia after Jakarta. Since we stayed at the top of the apartment, we can see the whole Surabaya from the window. It's indeed a big big town, with least skyscrapers! I. amazed.


As soon as we arrived, Alya excitedly mandi bilik kolam meanwhile Adik Asma, Sab and me went to Carrefour nearby, bought bottles of mineral water, some snacks and foods, and something warm to wear since we suddenly decided to see sunrise at Mount Bromo that night!


Day 2

After dinner and took some rest, with breakfast meals prepared by the hotel, we headed to visit Mount Bromo at 12.30 a.m. by taxi. Fyi, Mount Bromo is an active volcano and one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java. The best views from Mount Bromo to the Sand Sea below and the surrounding volcanoes are at sunrise.

It took about 2.5 hours to arrive at the place, with lots of dark alleys and edgy cliffs. I had pretty bad thought about it, thought that a group of bad people appeared out of nowhere, stopped the car and rob us or even worst. Not gonna talk about it. It was scareyh!

But Alhamdulillah, we reached at a stop where we took an organized Jeep tour to reach at the top. It was about 0-7C in the morning and we stopped at the stall nearby to grab a cup of warm drink, and rented warm clothes at 10,000Ru since it was way too cold than we imagined! So people, please excuse my style. I was desperate.
 
It was crowded with lots of people were waiting for sunrise.
And the highlight of our trip, this is what we were waiting for.. Sunrise!
And Mount Bromo view was way beyond my imagination! It was captivating, and I was hypnotized by it.
Even the ashes erupted in the middle of the busy crowds.
These are preserving flowers, Bunga Abadi they named it. Such a lovely name isn't it?
The view and the trees. It felt like I was in Twilight movie. Oh Edward!

We somehow found a nearer spot to take better photos of Mount Bromo. It reminds me of Lake District, UK I visited last 2 years. Very breath taking!

We weren't manage to go to the top Mount Bromo since Alif was kind of mengamuk along the way. So after took some photos, we headed back to the hotel. On our way back, we stopped by at Premium Tanggulangin, known as the center of bag, case, shoe, and embroidery handicraft. We didn't buy anything though. 

As soon as we reached the town, we stopped at Nasi Padang Restaurant to have brunch. With about 30 dishes served, make sure you don't eat everything just because they serve everything to you. Choose only what that you want to eat, or else you might have to pay for all the dishes you've touched. No-no.

We all passed out as soon as we reached the hotel and only woke up for dinner. We had dinner at Daun Lada Ikan Bakar and Seafood Restaurant which is only about 300 metres from the hotel.

Since it takes about an hour to reach Suramadu bridge, the largest bridge in Indonesia, we canceled the plan. Abang Nan, Kak Aznim, Adik and me ordered some desserts while watching late night movie in our room. We had
Banana Fritters
and Apple Strudel. yummeyh!

Well, while I stop this entry with photos of foods, I'm going to the gym to burn fat I gained from this nonstop eating 4 days trip. Till next post, bye!

With love,

No comments: