Wednesday, 25 August 2010

An offer for industrial training abroad

A few days ago, I've received an email from our Deputy Dean regarding opportunity to undergo an industrial training for about 4 months with an industry player abroad. Only 27 students out of more than 700+ final year Civil Engineering students are chosen, and I'm one of them. It's a great offer though..

All and any cost incurred will be borne by UiTM except visa fees and special clothing allowances. Throughout the placement period, we will be given a living allowance sufficient for us to live a decent student life, not a working life though. The session would commence in January 2011 and end in April 2011.

I do interested to go for it. I would like to choose either UK, USA, Germany or Korea. It might sounds ridiculous.. but if I go, that means, no SUPER SHOW 3 concert for me! SS3 will be held on March 2011 in Malaysia, so there's no way I can come back to Malaysia to see them at the airport and concert! Eventhough I can go to the other country to watch their concert e.g. Singapore, Thailand etc, the date doesn't fit at all. It's all within that range Jan-April 2011. I'm saving up my money to get a Rock Pitt ticket, I can't just let it go. I definitely can't do that.

Afterall, I'm planning to further my Master abroad if I get a chance and of course, sponsorship, so I have to reconsider it. It's not like I'm getting younger. Have a bestie who's doing her PhD at my age, I don't think I can lose to her. But still, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Should I or should I not go? my Super Junior.. I want to watch them perform live again so bad..

P.s. If I don't go, does it means that I'm not going because of Super Junior?
P.s.P.s And if I go, I can say bye-bye to my plan to visit Korea at the end of this year!

2 comments:

dieya said...

ouch.. this is a though one.

if i were you, it depends which "oversea" country you get to go. kalau setakat s'pore or indon or china, tak payah laa. but if it's one of your chosen countries, pack your bags, because the experience will look good on your CV later, which will be useful for a lifetime.

i bet there will be more Super Junior concerts in the future, so don't be sad if you miss it this round.

as for the master programme, you don't have to worry about it now. when you get the offer, then only decide. jgn risau2 sangat ok? you are young, there's plenty of time :-)

all the best!

AYApunyaCINTA said...

thank you for your advice.sincerely thank you. u make me think twice to decide whether i should go or not. it will be useful for my future indeed.

im sure my family's gonna say exactly like what u said =))

i'll think about everything that you said. thanks again =)